Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blame it on the Rain

 
"Blame it on the Rain" - Millie Vanilli (1989)

Yeah, the title is cheesy.  I loved this damn song back in the day.  I think I was 9 or 10 - it was an age where one would be impressionable, foolish, and misguided.  I don't feel ashamed as we were all duped.  Rab and Fab wore a lot of spandex and that creeped me out a bit.

WHOA, I TOTALLY DIGRESSED - GET A GRIP, PAM!!!!!!  Okay, so April was just a messy, rainy affair.  I thought we'd never see some sun.  But now the clouds have parted and we're full of cheer.  I'll certainly need to spend the next couple weeks updating my blog because I've seen and experienced some pretty cool things here and there.

This is the first thing I saw when I woke up to this morning.  Yep, that's worth posting on Instagram!
I'm excited to say that I'll be taking on a new challenge which will take me to British Columbia's wine capital, Kelowna, to live and work for 15 months.  While I do try to keep my work and blogging life separate I can say that I'll be working for one of the places I visited with the Girls Who Wine, back in September of last year. 

I'll be close enough to Vancouver that I can drive or fly back in the blink of an eye.  It will be the first time I've lived or worked anywhere outside of Vancouver and this is a pretty big step for me both personally and professionally.  But I'm ready for the challenge and the adventure and all my loved ones are supportive of this move. 

There will be host of new things to write about, a slew of sites to capture on camera, and rants and raves regarding the special places that I find in Kelowna.

As my move inches closer, I am increasingly aware of how happy am to appreciate my environment and those in it and see the value in all that is around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment