Monday, June 13, 2011

For the Urban Gardener

When I lived in the suburbs I spent a great deal of time at Garden Works in North Burnaby.  It truly was the mecca for me in regards to plants.  I could spend hours there, there's always something new to discover, choices to make, and plans to develop.  I certainly go to Home Depot and Rona to buy plants but I find that the lack of care they provide the plants and the sheer numbers that they have (all squished together) results in infestations.  I notice a large number of black gnats on certain plants - which I think is attributed to over watering and lack of sun.  But that's just a novice's guess.

Now that I am car free and living in the city, I have been on the search for new places to do my loitering.  What I love about smaller garden centers is how they resemble little cottages.  There's just something very special about them.  Since I'm always in the Commercial Drive neighborhood, I had driven past Figaro's Garden several times and just admired how pretty it was.  Nestled away from the hustle and bustle of the Drive, this sweet little spot glows in an already lush neighborhood where natural looking gardens are the norm.


Mary Hudson's pic is so much better than the ones that I took.  Check out her blog other lovely pics that she has taken on her blog.


Tracy's pics are also ten times prettier than mine.  Check more of them out on her blog.


So, I did take some pics of my own back in May (?).  It was still rather chilly out but I was in the neighborhood to pick up some manure for the garden that the local neighborhood garden community was selling for charity.
Mmmm, what do we have here????
Hey, let me in!!!!!









My pics don't do the place justice.  Maybe they'll grant me an opportunity to allow me to interview them????!!!!  Hey, it's worth a try!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Pamela, thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I wish I had more time to garden... it's that time of the year!

    Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com

    ReplyDelete