Monday, April 11, 2011

Tiny Living Things


There was something very sad yet intriguing about being trapped somewhere far and having to protect the last remembrance of something beautiful or living.

The Neverending Story - Empress Moonchild:  "One grain of sand. It is all that remains of my vast empire".



And then there's the diligent Little Prince who handled that rose ever-so gingerly and carefully.  He just seemed so lonely:


So maybe that's why I love terrariums so much.  They are like these mini worlds and you have to watch over them.  I'm fascinated that succulents and air plants take up so few resources to survive.  I've added a new "to-do" and "to-buy" point on my list.

Bubble Wall Terrarium - from DIG



My plan is to buy about 3 or four of them and have them lined up vertically next to my console table.  While each one is only 16 dollars (not including shipping), I have a feeling that once I get all the plants and sand the cost will ad up.  While succulents are far more reasonably priced than air plants, I'd like to get one or two since I've never had one before.

Can one be frugal, frivolous and fabulous all at the same time?  That might be my life's quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment