Thursday, December 2, 2010

Arrghhhh... I hate the waiting game

I made an offer on an apartment and it doesn't look like the owner is very motivated to sell.  I need a place before I'm homeless!

Okay, I need to de-stress and think happy thoughts.  I saw these Victorian style chairs on Craigslist for $40 each.  Yes, the colours are atrocious.  But it was a great price and they had really great bones.  And they were still in excellent shape.  So, I decided I would transform them into something I would love.

They were ugly ducklings:
I can't remember who made the chair that was my inspiration but it took me a while to find this water resistant, stain proof Waverley pattern at a decent price (Thanks JoAnn's!  It was worth going to across the border for!):
Then I spray painted them a shiny black and refinished the edges with trimmings.  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment